Thursday 21 May 2015

The Dukes of Cerne Abbas

We went to Cerne Abbas to look for butterflies on the hill where the Cerne Abbas Giant is.  I wanted to find the Duke of Burgundy and I was  not disappointed.  Both Marsh Fritillary and Duke of Burgundy are on this hill, the lower part, and they are out at the same time.  I took two cameras with me, the Fujifilm and the Lumix, used both cameras, just to make sure I got pictures of this tiny butterfly.  The first picture was taken by Malcolm, my partner, using my Fujifilm camera while I took a few using the Lumix.  He got the best picture :-)
  

These next two pictures are mine :-)  I did take loads, picked out my best ones.  I also took a few of the Marsh Fritillary and a Small Copper.





2 comments:

Roy Norris said...

You extremely lucky Lady you.{:))
I'm turning green with envy here.
Lovely images Lyn, I think your last one is the best.

Linda Yarrow said...

Thankyou Roy, Cerne Abbas is great for butterflies; Marsh Fritillary, Duke of Burgundy, Grizzled Skipper, Dingy Skipper, Green Hairstreak, Brimstone, Adonis Blue, and a few daytime moths too.